Frequently Asked Questions by Employers
What is Skills2Advance?
Skills2Advance is a SkillsAdvance Ontario pilot project funded by Employment Ontario to train members of the community with the technical, essential and employability skills needed in the Manufacturing & Warehousing industry within the Brantford, Brant, Norfolk, Haldimand, Six Nations and New Credit regions.
What Benefits to Employers have with this program?
- Access to skilled, highly vetted & workplace ready workers
- Lower the cost of training through employer reimbursement (may be eligible up to $1000)
- Fill vacant positions at a faster pace
- Be involved in community development to better the industry
How much time do I have to commit?
Not much time at all!
Attend pre-scheduled advisory committee meetings. The program is currently funded to operate until March 2020.
We may send emails to verify your employment needs when we have a new graduating class.
All your hiring processes stay the same and are dependant on you. We will help provide you with skills and dedicated graduates of the Skills2Advance program so you spend less time looking for your next hire!
How do I qualify?
- Have at least one job vacancy
- Are within the warehousing & logistics industry
- Residing in Brantford, Brant, Norfolk, Haldimand, Six Nations and New Credit, County of Oxford , City of Brantford, City of Cambridge, City of Hamilton, City of Kitchener
- Provide a placement opportunity
- Willing to participate & provide feedback into program development
- Ability to provide workplace tours and/or presentations to the classes
Do I have to do any paperwork to participate?
Just 2 easy forms!
Can I give suggestions about the program?